HomeBENCHMARK: College of Business Research Journalvol. 4 no. 1 (2019)

CUSTOMER SATISFACTION OF CLIENTS ON THE SERVICES OF THEIR RESPECTIVE IMPORT PROCESSING FIRMS IN METRO MANILA: AN ASSESMENT

Patricia A Marquez | Sharena Bagaoisan | Vanesa Elda O. Castillo

 

Abstract:

Customer service is important to an organization because it is the only contact a customer has with a company. Clients are vital to an organization. In every business, the opinion of the clients is very important to the success of the business. Clients are the foundation of every business; if they do not have the client that patronizes the services, they provide then they do not have the profit that makes the business run. To identify the satisfaction of the clients on the services of their respective import processing firms, the study outlines various services that the import processing firms provide in the following aspects: Processing (Quick response and order Confirmation, Processing Details, Staff’s Availability, Lead time), Order Processing (Adherence to Delivery Dates, Flexibility of Delivery Time and Quantity, Handling of Complaint., Packaging), Technical Consultation Service (Staff‘s Capacity, Variety of Solutions, Speed of Response, Technical Documentation) Customer Service (Customer Support, Handling of Complaint, Easy Processing, Staff’s Knowledge). Lastly, such client satisfaction study will serve as basis for identifying the problems encountered on the services of the import processing firms that will serve as a basis for the future owner of import processing firms, which are the AIMS-CA students. Almost half of the respondents were form the SITC Logistics which comprises (46.7%) of the population. The other half of the respondents (53.3%) was from Yangkee Logistics, Aero Int'l & Freight Forwarder, OIA Pacific Shipping & Distribution Inc., Asian Bridge Express Inc. In terms of the years of service 60% or 18 of them, were 6-10 years already engaged in the services. The 20% or 6 of them were 11-15 years engaged in the services and another 20% or 6 of them were other (1-5years) already engaged in the services. In terms of nature of business majority of the respondents (26 or 86.7%) are importing general cargo and (4 or 13.3%) are importing special kind of cargo. In the terms of Position in the company, almost half of the respondents were processor of the company which comprises 43.3% of the total population, 6 or 20.0% of the other respondents are operator in their company. 4 or 13.3 % of the respondents are supervisor and officer in their company. Nevertheless, 1 or 3.3 % of the respondents are owner, documents and C.S representative of their company. The level of satisfaction of the Clients in the Service of the Company in terms of Processing were very satisfied with the weighted mean of 4.57 while in the level of satisfaction of the Clients in the Service of the Company in terms of Order Processing were very satisfied with the weighted mean of 4.58, in the level of satisfaction of the Clients in the Service of the Company in terms of Technical Consultation were very Satisfied with the weighted mean of 4.57 and in the level of satisfaction of the Clients in the Service of the Company in terms of were very satisfied with the weighted mean of 4.57. Recommendations made also included the following: Import processing firms must improve the service towards lead time for them to meet a very satisfied client’s satisfaction. Every single employee needs to know how to handle customer complaints and concerns, avoid arguments with the customer. Bureau of Customs and other agencies related to Customs must have a quarterly checking of the services provided by the import processing firms. The agencies also can recommend the firms mentioned above to other clients. Customs Broker can help the import processing firms to meet the expectations of the customer. Customers can suggest the services must have or provide from the import processing firms. Researcher in this field must consider a larger research scope and limitation, add more number of clients and firms in order to have a more definitive result. With regards to the client satisfaction, the role of goals in having a very satisfied client will be a very interesting and helpful study.