The Congregation of the Mission (C.M.), or the Vincentian Fathers (Padres Paules) was the last religious congregation to be sent from Spain (1862) to the Philippines. They were specifically tasked to take care of the Daughters of Charity (Hijas de la Caridad) and to train the Filipino clergy. During the 144 years of their stay in the country, they accumulated hundreds of thousands of documents in their archives.
From the start (1862), the office of the Provincial Visitor was the repository of the Vincentian archives. The documents were later transferred to the Central House in San Marcelino, Manila, and, in 2004, to the new Provincial Offices at 221 Tandang Sora Avenue, Quezon City. This is a modern archive with facilities like rolling filing cabinets, air-conditioned rooms, computers, Internet access and telephones.
There are hundreds of thousands of manuscripts, mostly letters and reports, that are filed in the Archives of the Congregation of the Mission, Philippine Province. Most of the documents deal with the Congregation of the Mission in the Philippines but there are also on national and international interest. Issues and events, like revolutions and wars, are commented upon by the various priests in their reports to the Provincial Superior and to the Superior General in Rome.