HomeMiddle Eastern Journal of Developmentvol. 1 no. 1 (2019)

Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment of Employees at Aspire Academy, Qatar

Richelle Arugay | Eduardo Parra Malagapo

 

Abstract:

The workforce talent required by Aspire Academy is substantively scarce since the institution is a conglomeration of both sports and academic learning. Given its unique nature, the institution ensures that it hires diverse, qualified employees to deliver the best service to their clientele. The diverse workforce is highly valued, and the achievement of job satisfaction and organizational commitment among employees are perceived consequential to retain them. This paper aims to provide an assessment of the perceived levels of job satisfaction and organizational commitment among Aspire Academy employees, and it shall endeavor to examine the statistical relationship of both constructs. The quantitative design of the study utilized descriptive and correlation research elements. A survey was conducted for data collection to target participants at Aspire Academy. The overall result indicated that only 14.2% are ‘Satisfied’ from the combined Group A and Group B employees, while the remaining proportion of 85.8% is neither Satisfied nor Dissatisfied. However, despite the lower job satisfaction level results, the comprising workforce generally expressed greater organizational commitment. The calculated correlation coefficient (r=- 0.014) presents weak evidence of a relation between the two variables, which suggests that the levels of job satisfaction and organizational commitment among employees of Aspire Academy vary. The result contributes to the evidence that job satisfaction and employee commitment behaviors are advocated by personal and institutional attributes. Appropriate program intervention to improve employee job satisfaction and organizational commitment are recommended to be considered crucial by the human resource department to resolve forthwith.